Sunday, June 7, 2015

ALYoF June goal setting party...

I've been procrastinating...
if I wait much longer I will be late for the party
...soooo I better get posting!!!


My June goal for ALYoF
will be finish another square-in-a-square quilt. 

I had a charm pack and layer cake of El Gallo by Deb Strain 
and when we took a wee vacation 
to Boyne Mountain Michigan last week.
I did get the blocks stitched while I was there
but they are still not pressed or trimmed...
...for a week now I haven't sat at my sewing machine.
I did manage to get some hand sewing in...lots of gardening
and cleaning cupboards and closets...still lots to do
before we can list our house for sale...I'm overwhelmed...
and it's almost 6 months till Christmas!!

I have a busy week coming up...
it's NASCAR weekend at Brooklyn Michigan.
Family and friends from Canada will start arriving as early as Thursday,
if they come too early I'll put them to work!!
They will leave Sunday after dinner...
this year there are 8 coming
...in past years we have had as many as 13.
It will be our last NASCAR weekend at Stonebridge Way...
We are hoping  to be settled back in Canada by the end of the year!!
My sewing days will be limited...still lots to do before we list.
Our NASCAR weekends started back in June 2004.
I know some of them have been counting down the 'sleeps'
till they arrive....I've heard Nicole, Jon and Kristen are!! 
I'm hoping the weather man cooperates!!

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!

I'm linking to

 June's goal setting party hosted by Shanna and Melissa





5 comments:

  1. These fabrics looks great for your June challenge. I am surprised you have any time at all to stitch, considering all that you are doing to prepare your home!
    Have a fantastic time when everyone is with you for NASCAR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding while I love having time to stitch, that once the weather turns I would much rather be outside enjoying the sun, and working in the yard. NASCAR weekend Oh my! I went once it was fun, but I would rather watch it on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fabric line and would love to see what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your are a Canadian after my own heart. I love the same crafts. Welcome back to Canada. Can I ask which province you will be relocating to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are going to be very busy. Hope you find a little stitching time. I am so excited to see how you used my little freebie in that sweet purse xxx

    ReplyDelete